Thursday, April 3, 2008

I HATE! Wet Pant Legs

If you're anything like me, you stay in bed in the morning until the very last minute - well after your three alarms have gone off. Obviously, I covet every extra moment of sleep I can get, and therefore, I am willing to sacrifice a leisurely morning routine to ensure those 15 additional minutes.

Needless to say, I am always in a mad rush in the morning. I shower quickly. I get dressed quickly (although this is a bit more difficult than anticipated as I never pick out my outfits in advance). I eat breakfast quickly (well, usually, not at all). And when I finally make it out my front door, I never have time to run back upstairs in the event that I forgot something or neglected to lock the front door.

Given my speedy and harried morning routine, I'm sure it comes as no surprise that I don't check the weather for the day either. That being said, you can pretty much bet that when I'm not prepared for certain inclement weather, i.e. freezing rain, torrential downpours, or a blizzard, it never fails to present itself. I can't even count how many times I've walked out my front door, wearing my loveliest pair of suede or leather heels and too-long dry-clean-only dress pants, to find that the clouds have burst open, leaving a flood in my immediate path.

Let's put aside the inevitably ruined shoes for a moment to discuss the wet pant leg issue. I hate, I mean I absoltuely hate, a wet pant leg. There is nothing worse than knowing that no matter what you do - tuck them under, roll them up, get them tailored even - you will wind up at your destination soaked to the shins. It never fails. And after the damage has been done, sitting on a couch or curling up in bed, can't possibly be comfortable, not too mention you're inevitably left with a weird (possibly non-removable) stain on your pant leg from the dirty, probably acidic, rain water.

Obviously the wet pant leg could easily be remedied through a combination of checking the weather in advance and investing in a sturdy, leak-proof set of rainboots. I do own rainboots - two pairs actually. It's that first half of the combo that's the problem.

No comments: