Friday, April 4, 2008

I HATE! The Intro

eccentrichic: hahahaha im sure u will have PLENTY of material...you hate a lot of stuff

eccentrichic: we could discuss your road rage

eccentrichic: which is on par with your sidewalk rage

Do doubt you've heard the saying 'Don't sweat the small stuff'. I'm pretty sure the guy who coined that phrase, and penned the subsequent best-selling book, made a boatload of money from telling people that getting worked up over insignificant and inconsequential problems is a waste of time and energy.

But I am one of those for whom that cute little saying does not apply. As you can see from the aforementioned AIM conversation excerpt, I sweat the small stuff - BIG TIME. Anyone who knows me knows that I have a strong affliction to many many things and I voice my displeasure loudly and often. Perhaps this is because I have inherited my father's Irish temper. Maybe this is because I stopped taking the Prozac that my therapist prescribed me on my own and never went back to her after that. Or I could just simply be very very impatient.

But for whatever reason, the pet peeve is a specialty of mine and I've spent years accumulating a comprehensive list of all the things, material and immaterial, that rub me the wrong way.

And this blog is the result.


No comments: