Friday, June 6, 2008

I HATE! The Conspiracy that is Movie-Size Sodas

I just went to go see the Sex and the City movie and I will admit that I thoroughly enjoyed the film, except for the fact that I had to get up in the middle of it and run to the bathroom. Wanna know why? If not, stop reading now because I'm telling you anyway. I felt like my bladder was going to explode. Yes, explode, and the cause of the impending bladder explosion was the huge Diet Coke (or as I like to refer to it, DC) I purchased at the concession stand before the show.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming anyone except myself for purchasing the monstrosity - if you know me, you know that I can't resist a big frosty glass of fountain DC. But as I see it, there is clearly some sort of conspiracy going on here. The movie theatres push these huge sodas on you - the small is comparable to the size of my head and the large is mammoth, but such a value at only a quarter more - and then, by the time you've consumed even a fraction of the beverage, you have to run out of the theatre mid-movie to relieve yourself essentially screwing yourself out of seeing what could perhaps be an integral part of the movie!

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm not joking when I say that this happens to me every single time I go to the movies! Maybe it's my fault for having a smaller-than-average bladder. Can I get some consensus on this? Conspiracy or do I simply need to exert some will power and avoid big frosty calorie-less beverages?

No comments: